Saturday, November 20, 2010

Time sure does fly

There has been so much that has happened since my last blog entry, I can't believe it has almost been a month.  What's more unbelievable, is the fact Zoe turned 8 years old yesterday.  It seemed like only a month ago when she was brought into this world.  Time has gone by way too fast.

Here is a picture of the kids that came to her birthday party.  What a fun time it was.  We rented a place that does parties, called Jump and Bounce, for a couple of hours.  They have about 10 large jumping toys and slides.  Every kid was running wild up and down the slide, into the blow up maze, and even into the boxing ring pictured here. 

I stopped about half way through the party and just watched in amazement.  Here we had 11 out of 16 kids with a disability, playing with each other and having fun.  For someone to look from the outside, they would see typically developing children.  It was awesome!  I hope for the day, that society does not put labels on our children who have a disability, and accepts them as being the same as them - typical!  That day can't come soon enough.

Happy Birthday Zoe - I love you so much.  You continue to amaze me everyday, and I can't wait for what the future holds for you and for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment