Monday, February 7, 2011

Time to get back to it

What an end to the year, and the beginning of a new one.  Too many things have been going on where you get distracted and don't find time to do any updates.  Lets see if we can get back into the swing of things.

What has happened since my last post?  One thing that I did not post about was Zoe's Grandpa passing.  It was a sad ending to the year.  He was too young to leave us.  Zoe still asks about his, saying "Pa", not understanding he is no longer with us.  It brings a sadness to my heart when I hear those words.  You will not be forgotten Sammy!  That happened before Thanksgiving, so the holidays pretty much sucked all around.  Don't get me wrong, they were fun with family and spending time together, but the fact that my father in law was not with us anymore, well, just sucked. 

I was able to take a few days off at the end of the year, which provided some great times involving snow, a plastic sled and a little 8 year old girl.  Zoe had a blast sledding down the hill to our house, and actually went by herself a few times.  One time in particular she turned a little to the right and went straight into a snow bank.  Her snow pants slipped on the sled and forced her into the snow head first.  It wasn't much, just about 1" of snow on her nose, and she let out the happiest laugh.  Those were a few great days that ended the year just right.

2011 rolled around and we found our whole family pretty much sick for the first 4 weeks.  Zoe just got over pneumonia about 1 week ago, missing almost 2 weeks of school.  She started the year having a cold, where she missed about 3 days of school.  I really hate seeing my little girl act like a bump on a log.  Her face shows no emotion, she has no energy to move and just looks at us with sad puppy dog eyes that need some rest.  When I normally come home from work, she is at the top of the stairs yelling "Daddy, nummmmy" meaning she wants to share my dinner with me.  This is a normal thing that has happened in the past 4 months or so, which is pretty cool.  However, during her sickness, she barely said "Hi" to me when I came home.  I did not like it at all. 

A little over a week ago, I came home from work, and peaked over the stairway wall and there was my little angel with bright eyes, and a cleared up face.  She was getting back to being herself.  Life started to get good again!  The sickness was going away, and my little energizer bunny was getting her charge back.

This past week I have been redoing the website for the Fathers Network, and finally got it finished.  We are putting together a golf tournament to benefit the Arc and the Fathers Network, and the website was in dire need of a face lift.  Now that the site is up and running with the information on it, I can now concentrate on the other things that need my attention (this and some other items).

I look forward to a great year (after such a horrible start).

No comments:

Post a Comment